Participation in Formal TVET Worldwide
An Initial Statistical Study
The report "Participation in Formal Technical and Vocational Education and Training Programmes Worldwide - An Initial Statistical Study" aims to stimulate an important process to fill the information gap existing in the area of comparable quantitative data and indicators on global TVET participation.
It presents one of the most comprehensive statistical analyses to date of enrolments in formal technical and vocational education and training (TVET) in the world. It is an international, comparative study that describes access to formal TVET by level, age and gender.
The report addresses three main questions:
- What statistical data currently exists on formal TVET in the world?
- What are the potential benefits and limitations of statistical analyses of existing data?
- What are the next steps towards the improvement of TVET data collection and analysis?
The target audience for the report includes TVET policymakers, donors, researchers, practitioners, administrators and education planners.
The Report is available in English and French in digital format.
Prepared by: UNESCO Institute for Statistics (UIS), Montreal, Canada
Published by: UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (UNESCO-UNEVOC), Bonn, Germany
Translation into French facilitated by: UNESCO Regional Bureau for Education in Africa (UNESCO/BREDA), Dakar, Senegal
Year of publication: 2007 (French Translation: 2009)
Languages: English and French
Number of pages: 124
ISBN: 3-00-020134-3, 978-3-00-020134-9 (English) ISBN: 978-92-95071-05-6 (French)
- Participation in Formal Technical and Vocational Education and Training Programmes Worldwide - An Initial Statistical Study (http://www.unevoc.unesco.org/fileadmin/user_upload/pubs/UNEVOC_UIS_Report.pdf) (PDF, 2 MB)
- Participation aux Programmes Formels d’Enseignement et de Formation Techniques et Professionels au Niveau Mondial. Etude statistique préliminaire (http://www.unevoc.unesco.org/fileadmin/user_upload/pubs/EtudeStatistiqueEFTP.pdf) (PDF, 3 MB)