The UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in Bonn is looking for an intern to support the International Centre’s communications and promotion activities, as well as the management and development of the UNEVOC Network, specifically the Latin America and the Caribbean cluster.
The UNEVOC Network, coordinated by the UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre, is made up of UNEVOC Centres from around the world. The Network is instrumental in the production and dissemination of research, case studies, databases, publications, and enables the UNESCO-UNEVOC to perform its function as a clearinghouse. Through the Network, UNEVOC Centres share knowledge and experiences related to all aspects of TVET, exchange country experiences and discuss issues of common relevance in meetings organized by themselves, by the UNESCO-UNEVOC or virtually through the UNEVOC Network Portal or the UNEVOC TVeT Forum.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Assistant for Knowledge Management, assisted by the Programme Specialist, the intern will perform the following tasks:
- Contribute to strengthening the UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre’s existing online communication tools, including the website, news articles, newsletters, social media etc.;
- Assist in developing and maintaining communication channels between UNEVOC Centres based in Latin America and the Caribbean and the International Centre, in particular in Spanish speaking countries;
- Contribute to enhancing the UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre’s knowledge base and management of information on TVET related activities in Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Work together with staff to identify opportunities to develop UNESCO-UNEVOC’s services in Spanish;
- Assist with any other activities related to UNESCO-UNEVOC’s online services.
- Any other tasks assigned by UNESCO-UNEVOC.
Required qualifications and experience
- Currently enrolled in postgraduate studies (e.g. Masters) in a relevant discipline e.g. education, sociology, public management, international relations, political science, social sciences etc.
- Experience in writing news articles and communication activities (e.g. promotion, dissemination, network management); and
- Interest or experience in the field of education.
- Proficient computer skills including the use of standard software office applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and internet browsers;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently;
- Very good communication and organization skills;
- Good analytical skills and willingness to learn; and
- Ability to work and cooperate in an international and multicultural environment.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Spanish is compulsory. Knowledge of other UN languages would be an asset (in particular Arabic or French).
Duration of the internship: 3 to 6 months
Closing date of applications: 31 December 2017
Preferred starting date: 01 February 2017
The Centre does not provide remuneration for internships.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a motivation letter along with their CV to: unevoc.hr(at)unesco.org
Back to top