Virtual Conference 9 to 18 November 2017
Introduction | Messages | Participants | Sign Up
2017: An odyssey in the open education space. Developing and using OER in TVET.
- When: 9 to 18 November 2017
- Where: UNESCO-UNEVOC TVeT Forum
- Moderators: Robert Schuwer, Ben Janssen
- Language: English (contributions in French and Spanish are welcome)
- To join: sign up here
About the Conference
The topic of ‘OER’ (Open Educational Resources) is fairly new for TVET. Recently, OER for TVET specifically has been included in the Action Plan of the World OER Congress. OER have the potential of making TVET more accessible and equitable.
OER for TVET is the subject of a current UNESCO-UNEVOC project involving an international literature review, a survey amongst members of the UNEVOC-TVET forum, and interviews with international experts. A first draft has been published in September. Results have been presented at the 2nd World OER Congress. A final report will be published in December 2017.
The purpose of the virtual conference is to share information, experience and knowledge of OER in TVET, which will be used as input for the final report as well as into wider UNESCO practices.
This note sets out the issues to be dealt with in the virtual conference and gives some background based on the current UNESCO-UNEVOC project.
- Conference background note
- Summary of Study on OER in TVET (9/2017)
- Presentation on OER in TVET by Robert Schuwer and Ben Janssen (on slideshare)
- Wrap-up presentation and meeting with the moderators Robert Schuwer and Ben Janssen
They will summarize the results of the discussions and present how this fits with their study to be published in December. Conference participants can ask questions and add their views.
Monday, 20 November 17:00 CET (Your local time | Countdown timer)
Link: JOIN THE CONFERENCE
- Using open licenses to share knowledge and creativity VIEW RECORDING
9 November at 17:30 CET
Cable Green, Director of Open Education,Creative Commons
- Learning from good practices VIEW RECORDING (unfortunately without presentation slides, see below to open those in parallel)
15 November at 17:00 CET
Pauline Whiteman, Manager, National Training Agency of Trinidad and Tobago:
Development of CVQ Assessor Training as OER, and
Alison Mead Richardson, Commonwealth of Learning:
Practice from the field in the Commonwealth
How can I join?
Participation in this virtual conference is free and you can sign up here
You will need to have a UNEVOC account to sign up. You can register for a UNEVOC account here.
The virtual conference will be in English. However, French and Spanish speaking participants can use the built-in translation feature to follow discussions and to contribute in their languages.
What will the virtual conference address?
The conference will address 5 major questions:
- Importance of Openness. There is a continuum of openness ranging from Open Access to full open, including the rights to modify resources. What kinds of openness are most important for which target groups?
- Teachers and Trainers have a crucial role in adopting OER in TVET. What are opinions on and experiences with the role of the teacher?
- Learning from good practices There are instances where OER have been introduced as part of larger programs. We wish to learn more about these examples.
- Experiences with collaboration and cooperation in creating and using OER with the labor market. How are they involved? What barriers exist?
- What do you expect from UNESCO-UNEVOC when introducing OER in TVET?
Back to top