Criteria to become a UNEVOC Centre
- Recognition by the national government and the competent authorities, such as a national agency responsible for one or more aspects of TVET, as a national TVET institution;
- Registration by the national competent authorities responsible for TVET as a national vocational education and training institution, e.g. technical college, polytechnic, technical and further education institution, training institution, a higher education institution engaged in skills development;
- Adequate institutional capacity for national dissemination of UNESCO TVET messages and networking with other UNEVOC Centres worldwide;
- Demonstrated experience in, and national recognition for, undertaking education and training, and research activities;
- Availability of adequate TVET staff and resources to attend to UNEVOC activities; and
- Availability of programmes to publish TVET publications on a regular basis for sharing in the network.