|UNESCO-UNEVOC|||||e-Forum|||||Network||TVETipedia||Register | Login|
Your first article
Welcome to TVETipedia! This is a guide to some things you should know before creating your first TVETipedia article. We will explain some of the DOs and DON'Ts of writing an article, then we'll tell you how to create your article. Here are some tips that may help you along the way:
1. You must be a registered user (http://www.unevoc.unesco.org/tviki_join.php) to create a new article.
2. Try editing existing articles to get a feel for writing and for using the mark-up language for wiki editing in use at TVETipedia. If you don't know where to start and don't want to do any harm, use the sandbox.
3. Search TVETipedia first or browse the index to make sure that an article does not already exist on the subject, perhaps under a different title. If the article exists already, feel free to make any constructive edits you feel are necessary.
4. If you create a new article, make sure you select a good name for it. It should be concise, and neither too short (i.e. unspecific, nor too long. Try to avoid special characters.
5. If possible, gather references both to use as source(s) of your information and also to demonstrate notability of your article's subject matter.
6. Consider requesting feedback. You can request feedback on articles you would like to create in a number of places, including the chat page (http://www.unevoc.unesco.org/tviki_chat.php).
7. Keep in mind to link new articles with existing content where possible. The best way to start a new article is usually to create a new link in an existing article. It will then appear with a question mark. By clicking on the new link you can start writing the new article.
8. Be careful about the following: copying things, controversial material, extremely short articles, and local-interest articles. Note that while all content on TVETipedia is free, it is licenced under the Commons Attribution- ShareAlike 3.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/)
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask the editorial team at mailto:webmaster(at)tvetipedia.org