Internships can be arranged for individuals who typically are at a late stage of their initial education and training; having already completed a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and completing at least a Master’s degree at the time of application. Such internships provide the interns with an opportunity to gain general work experience and to be exposed to the work environment of an international organisation. In many cases it is also the first exposure to working and living abroad. For the Centre, the main purpose is to broaden the scope of its international team, and to obtain support for the performance of its ongoing work. Internships have a minimum duration of two months and a maximum of six months when there are special needs of the receiving office. The costs of travelling to the Centre situated in Bonn, Germany and back and coverage of all living expenses must be borne by the individual.
- Interns must be enrolled in University studies at the time of application.
- The Centre does not provide remuneration for internships. Participants might wish to seek sponsorship for their assignment from public or private institutions, e.g. from a government, educational institution, or under a scholarship scheme of their home country or country of residence.
- Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, insurance, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of the intern or his/her sponsoring institution. Concerning visas, the Secretariat can provide a letter of acceptance for the internship if necessary.
- Regarding finding accommodation in Bonn, some available agents offer services via the World Wide Web. The agents will charge a commission. For agreed assignments, the Centre can assist in finding interim accommodation but will not enter into any contractual commitments.
- Participants must take out their own health and other relevant insurance as there will be no such coverage by the Centre. Applicants for internship must show proof of valid medical insurance coverage and provide a medical certificate of good health.
- There is no expectancy of employment with the United Nations either during or at the end of the internship.
Please send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter to apply(at)unevoc.unesco.org (mailto:email@example.com) stating if the application is of general nature or for a specific internship position advertised on our website.
Internships and Attachments (http://www.unevoc.net/fileadmin/user_upload/pubs/Flyer-05e-Internships.pdf) (PDF)