Case Study: Integrating ESD in TVETUNESCO-UNEVOC has published the 2nd volume in the Case Studies series, a collection of six studies from Southern and Eastern Africa on "Integrating Sustainable Development in Technical and Vocational Education and Training".
The studies were commissioned in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius and Zambia. Carried out by writers connected with the UNEVOC Network as part of capacity building and of contributing to knowledge building and sharing, the authors have primarily described and analysed experiences and practices relating to integrating ESD in TVET programmes. Also, they have identified gaps for additional action so that the integration can be satisfactorily done.
The case studies are:
- A survey of experiences and practices in current use for integrating education for sustainable development in TVET in Botswana, by Matthews Phiri;
- Case study for Integrating Education for Sustainable Development in Model Youth Polytechnics in Kenya, by Joy Kasandi Kelemba;
- A study of a current model for integrating education for sustainable development in centres of excellence in TVET in Kenya, by John Simiyu;
- A case study of initiatives in the current use for integrating education for sustainable development in TVET in Malawi, by Modesto Sylvester Gomani;
- A case study of practices for integrating education for sustainable development in TVET for the tourism industry in Mauritius, by Roland Dubois and Koontee Balgobin; and
- A case study of practices for integrating education for sustainable development in TVET: the case of Mobile Mission Maintenance Vocational Training Centre, Ndola, Zambia, by Gabriel S. Konayuma.
Published by: UNESCO-UNEVOC
Year of publication: 2010
Number of pages: 120
Integrating Sustainable Development in TVET (PDF, 505 KB)